"This was a story about a girl who could find infinite beauty in anything..."-The Brothers Bloom

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Reality Check: Moms always know the right thing to say to make you feel stupid

Just as I was thinking my Mom couldn't possibly have anything else left to teach me and why can't she just keep her comments to herself already, she has to go and drop one of her insightful little mind bombs on me. She didn't actually say these words but the underlying message was something like "Stop being a sissy little bitch." She basically reminded me that I have nothing to complain about and compared with the things she has overcome and sacrificed for me, I'm just being a baby. She's so right sometimes. I shudder to think of where I would be if it wasn't for her. Honestly, I don't know how she's done some of the things she's done. She has some serious lady balls. I wish I was a little more like her in some ways. Maybe I should start trying.

3 comments:

Eva said...

Sometimes we just need the tough love. And moms seem to be good at that.

Stephanie Scarpa said...

I love your way to write!

Love
/S / http:// mydarlingsolitude.blogspot.com

Lexy Alari said...

Whoa this is the first time I've seen these comments, I thought Blogger would email me about it or something. Thanks guys!

Post a Comment