"This was a story about a girl who could find infinite beauty in anything..."-The Brothers Bloom

Saturday, May 21, 2011

It's whatever

The songs from last winter are playing through indifferent speakers, so tonight, I must revisit, those places that exist only in twilight rememberings, lingering still, like a fading bass line pumping from the car that’s already around the corner.
I can’t take the thought that you may have already forgotten me. That the place that was mine has been refilled, so easily, with other concerns, other people who don’t love you like I did once. I wish however fruitlessly that my memory would creep up on you like a nightmarish monster that you can’t outrun. I wish that I could creep into your dream cloud at night and torment your subconsious with recurring accusations so that you’d be afraid to close your eyes at night, you’d wake up every morning with my haunted smiling face lingering on the backs of your eyelids.
Curse my uncommon name! I want you to hear it in movies and tv commercials. I imagine that you would hear a mother call out my name to her child and that a electric stab would pierce you and you’d realize that you wish it was me appearing out of the blue, and you’d wonder if we’ll ever meet again.

0 comments:

Post a Comment