"This was a story about a girl who could find infinite beauty in anything..."-The Brothers Bloom

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Praha, London, Heathrow, Prada, Volcano, CALIFORNIA!

My time in the Czech Republic was amazing in so many ways but I am so glad to be home in California. On the day I flew back I had to wake up at 4:30 a.m. to fly from Prague to London and then it was 11 hours from Heathrow to Los Angeles. The flight turned out to be a little longer due to the volcano in Iceland, (why can't Iceland keep their volcanoes in check?) and then at LAX we had to stay on the plane an extra half hour until they could find an open gate for us.  When I finally was able to get off the plane it felt like the end of Inception. I couldn't believe I was finally home in my own country, about to see my family. When the customs guy said, "Welcome home kid," I was so happy! I could almost here Hans Zimmer's score as I walked out into the California sunshine. Even the palm trees seemed happy to see me.

Anyway, I thought Terminal 5 at London Heathrow was awesome! I went around taking pictures of all the amazing stores and displays. I really wanted to buy something to remember England by since I only got to spend two hours there. AND, I wasn't able to watch the Royal Wedding because my hotel room in Prague didn't have a TV.  However, I only had 4 pounds and some pence so I bought a sandwich instead. It was bloody delicious. Not everyone can say they had lunch in England while looking at Burberry's finest goods.









0 comments:

Post a Comment